Sharing - Meatier - a meteor alternative
Meteor is awesome! But after 3 years, it’s starting to show its age. This project is designed to showcase the exact same functionality as Meteor, but without the monolithic structure. It trades a little simplicity for a lot of flexibility.
Some of the Meatier author Thought
- Built on Node 0.10, and that ain’t changing anytime soon
- Build system doesn’t allow for code splitting (the opposite, in fact)
- Global scope (namespacing doesn’t count)
- Goes Oprah-Christmas-special with websockets (not every person/page needs one)
- Can’t handle css-modules (CSS is all handled behind the scenes)
- Tied to MongoDB for official support
Have not test the code yet, however I somewhat agree to what the author think.
I do hope this project will success, and it will be good news for the nodejs community.
The project repo is at https://github.com/mattkrick/meatier.